The customer service representative role is a highly technical team player with exceptional problem-solving skills, who enjoys helping our internal teams and customers with product related questions and issues. The specialist will be empowered to solve problems independently or collaboratively and make decisions that they consider to be in the customer’s best interest.
The successful specialist is extremely confident in his/her product knowledge and in their own ability to learn new information and skills in the consumer product technology space. They are computer savvy and pick-up new computer technologies with ease. These team players are pro-active enough to work independently, as well as collaboratively with their team.
- Answering technical questions from both in-house client-facing teams and external clients.
- Organizing and tracking issues in our backend softwares as well as email and chat.
- Learning and maintaining knowledge of new and existing product features or issues
- Troubleshooting technical issues by researching and/or collaborating with other team members to provide feedback and solutions to clients and client facing teams.
- Handle advanced troubleshooting of products or services via email and phone.
- responding to high volume of email, phone and chat support inquiries while delivering excellent customer service and managing customer expectations
- Resolve complex issues by listening, researching, analyzing, and identifying solutions that results in complete customer satisfaction (We have a comprehensive database of problems and solutions to fall back on)
- Gathering all the facts, replicating and escalating technical and functional issues to product and engineering teams
- Provide ad-hoc reporting data to support incident escalation
- Various related projects, as assigned.
You bring to the table:
- 2-4 years in a Technical Support role
- Experience in consumer products, outdoor sporting goods
- Proven record of delivering exceptional customer service while maintaining a professional, calm, and positive attitude
- Knowledge of customer experience lifecycles.
- Interpersonal skills to work with a variety of internal teams
- Advanced knowledge of written email etiquette
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills on the phone, email as well as in person
- Ability to thrive and learn quickly in a lively work environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills in electronic products, with a passion for problem solving and investigation.
- Comfortable with services and tools such as Slack, Shopify, Livechat apps
- Excel at time management of several request and issues for efficient updates and communications to reports.
- Ability to work both independently, as well as with a team.
Position is located in the New York, Brooklyn area and offers:
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary